The 8th Annual International Free Linguistics Conference will be held at the School of Foreign Languages, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, 26-27 September 2014
There will be post-conference workshops led by the Focus Speakers on 28-29 September
Free Linguistics Conference aims to provide a widely accessible forum for linguists in all areas of research to come together and share their diverse perspectives and research. As an inclusive forum, presentations at the FLC always range across various subjects in linguistics, breaking down existing borders between schools and sub-fields. We also endeavour to provide an accessible conference by avoiding the staggering fees that often prevent students and scholars from attending various linguistic forums, so there are absolutely no fees to register, attend or present at the FLC.
To register for FLC 2014, please visit: FLC 2014.
Focus Speakers (click on the names to access abstracts)
1. David Graddol, The English Company (UK) Ltd.
2. Juliane House, University of Hamburg, Germany
3. Ken Hyland, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
4. Ahmar Mahboob, University of Sydney, Australia
5. James R. Martin, University of Sydney, Australia
6. Yang Xinzhang, Xiamen University, China
7. Wang Zhenhua, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China
1. Deadline for Abstract Submission: 1 April 2014
2. Deadline for Full Paper Submission to Conference Proceedings: 1 June 2014
Highlights of freelinguistics conference 2014
1. As always, no conference registration fees
2. Highly reputed focus speakers
3. Edited conference proceedings to be released during conference inauguration
4. Selected papers to be published in a special issue of Linguistics and the Human Sciences
For more information, please e-mail Lai Liangtao
To join the FLC Facebook page, click here.
Please visit this site for updates.